WYSA Risk Management Policy
Under this policy, any coach, assistant coach, team trainer, team manager, referee, club or district board member, WYSA administrator, WYSA Board of Directors member, independent contractor, or any other individual seeking affiliation with WYSA or WYSA Affiliated Clubs who has direct or indirect contact or influence on a youth player is required by WYSA to complete a Risk Management Disclosure, every two years through WYSA’s online risk management system. Each Club has a responsibility to ensure compliance across their organization.
The cost of the background check is $15, and each check is valid for 2 years. Candidates must pay at the time of application. A “bill to club” option does not exist at this time. Reimbursement of Risk Management registration is the discretion of each club and will be managed at the club level.
STATE ISSUED PASS CARDS (Effective 9/24/2018)
- Moving forward ALL passes will be mailed directly to the Club address on file.
- We will no longer require the return of expired passes for renewal applications.
- WisRef has been advised, documentation published on Game Officials, and communicated to referees indicating that all games should be played, with or without the presence of a State Issued Pass Card.
Applicants need to submit a photo at the time of registration or a pass is not issued. Going forward those applicants who are adding a photo should also alert Danny Sweeney via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) when their photo is added, and the pass will be issued. Please do not attach the photo to the email. The applicant must add the photo to their Demosphere profile. Click here for upload instructions.
Because Risk Management and Coach Licenses are managed in two separate databases (we are required to use US Soccer’s Digital Coaching Center), we will be moving away from license levels on State Issued Pass Cards. The State Issued Pass Card is intended to signify an approved background check and serves as that individual’s membership with WYSA.
RISK MANAGEMENT REGISTRATION PROCESS
- All risk management applicants should use the below link to register
- All risk management applicants should select 'Volunteer' in the first step of completing the application process
- The Risk Management Guide can be found here