Red Light, Green Light
- Start all of the players on one sideline shoulder-to-shoulder, each with a soccer ball.
- The end-line is the opposite sideline.
- The coach should move 15-20 yards away from the closest player.
- With the coaches back to the players, yell "GREEN LIGHT," and the players try to dribble to the coach.
- The coach then yells "RED LIGHT," the players must quickly stop the ball. The coach should wait a moment and then turns to face the players.
- Any player moving must take 1 big step backwards.
- Variations: Limit the players to dribble with their right foot only/ left foot only/ bottom of the foot only.
Remind them it’s important to:
- Listen to coach’s commands.
- React quickly to verbal queues.
- Dribble with speed, but keep the close.
- Make sure the players hold the ball close so they can stop quickly.