Soccer is an outdoor sport; we play in the rain, we play in the cold, and sometimes we play in the snow. Still, the safety of players and coaches is a prime concern. Visible lightning or audible thunder – at the soccer fields or during soccer play will automatically result in a cancellation of all games being played at that time. Subsequent games to be played later that day will be cancelled separately if weather conditions continue.
Due to rapidly changing weather conditions and in keeping with East Central District's desire to minimize the total number of weather cancellations, advance notice of weather cancellations may not always be possible. It is recommended parents and children always show up to the field unless they have received notification from their coach, team manager or other Association official.
We will try to send out a SMS (text) Message or Email Message (based on your Profile during registration).
Having Trouble Receiving or Signing up for RainedOut Text Messages?
1) Sign up for RainedOut messages (see notes: How to Opt Back Into Email or SMS Messages) again and note whether or not you receive a validation code during the sign up.
2) If you never receive the validation code during sign-up, please
a. Check your phones settings to make sure you are set-up to receive SMS messages
b. OR Contact your cell phone provider to make sure short SMS messages are not blocked. Your provider can unblock ‘short messages or short numbers’ IE 844-83 would be a sample number that RainedOut sends from
3) If still having problems after you’ve contacted your phone provider, go to http://www.rainedout.com/help/test_phone for troubleshooting.
How to Opt Back Into Email Or SMS (Text) Messages
If you opted out of email or SMS (text) messages in the past and would like to start receiving these messages,
1) Log into your soccer registration site (www.heartofthevalleysoccer.org) using the email that you registered with.
2) Click on My Profile Dashboard” at the top page.
3) In the 'My Account Information' section, click the 'Settings' button:
4) On the pop up that appears, choose the 'yes' option to opt back into emails and/or SMS text messages and click save. Afterwards, you will start receiving emails or texts from the organization moving forward: